Faculty of Marine Engineering
Dean’s Office – Faculty of Marine Engineering (room A-204)
81-87 Morska Str.
81-225 Gdynia, Poland
phone: +48 58 5586321
fax: +48 58 5586399
e-mail: dziekanat [at] wm.umg.edu.pl
Faculty of Marine Engineering is one of two oldest faculties in Gdynia Maritime University (GMU). The history of the Faculty dates back to the interwar period, when, in 1920, the Maritime School was established in Tczew, with two faculties: navigation and marine engineering.
Nowadays the Faculty comprises of 4 departments:
- Department of Physics,
- Department of Marine Maintenance,
- Department of Engoneering Sciences,
- Department of Marine Propulsion Plants.
The mission of the Faculty is to educate students at the highest level and creating employees able to effectively meet the challenges of modern maritime transport and maritime economy in Poland and abroad and to conduct scientific research related to the construction and operation of technical systems in maritime economy.
The Faculty of Marine Engineering of Gdynia Maritime University is the first university faculty in Poland to obtain and hold ISO 9001 quality certificate, which is a guarantee of a high quality of education and research.